Are you feeling any of the following?
- feeling tense, nervous or unable to relax
- having a sense of dread, or fearing the worst
- feeling like the world is speeding up or slowing down
- feeling like other people can see you’re anxious and are looking at you
- feeling like you can’t stop worrying, or that bad things will happen if you stop worrying
- worrying about anxiety itself, for example worrying about when panic attacks might happen
- wanting lots of reassurance from other people or worrying that people are angry or upset with you
- worrying that you’re losing touch with reality
- a churning feeling in your stomach
- feeling light-headed or dizzy
- pins and needles
- feeling restless or unable to sit still
- headaches, backache or other aches and pains
- faster breathing
- a fast, thumping or irregular heartbeat
Anxiety UK states ‘there are 1 in 6 people who suffer a mental health condition, including anxiety and depression in the UK’. Please read here about what they say about anxiety and hypnotherapy.
Anxiety can manifest itself in many ways –
GENERAL ANXIETY DISORDER – Chronic anxiety, exaggerated worry and tension, even when there is little or nothing to provoke it.
PANIC ATTACKS – Sudden onset of symptoms some of which include chest pain, sweating, palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness, abdominal distress.
FEARS – This can be a fear of something specific such as flying, spiders, driving, heights, needles.
SOCIAL PHOBIA – Examples are – Speaking in public, eating in public, self-consciousness in every day social situations, embarrassment.
OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER – Having current, unwanted thoughts and often using repetitive behaviours (rituals) in order to try and control or eliminate them. This in turn increases anxiety as it only provides temporary relief, and not performing them increases anxiety.
POST TRAUMATIC DISTRESS – Often develops after a terrifying event or ordeal. For example, violent assaults or witnessing death, natural or human caused disasters, accidents or military combat.
If any of these issues are affecting your life please get in touch.
Hypnosis can help with all these issues. I can provide a person centred programme just for you to help you feel emotionally stronger, happier, more in control. I use varying approaches and techniques according to the type of anxiety or fear.
£60 per session, a minimum of 3 sessions recommended.
“Kay helped me with anxiety which in turn had a knock on effect in helping my O.C.D, Kay was reassuring and explained everything she was going to do putting me at ease instantly. I can’t recommend Kay enough she has given me the tools and confidence to change my outlook on anxiety and the way I control it. I honestly can not recommend Kay enough. thank you so much.” Betsy, Shirebrook